Boulder, Colorado, is a beautiful town that offers plenty of activities for residents and visitors alike. There is something for everyone in Boulder, from skiing and hiking in the nearby Rocky Mountains to exploring the city’s many art galleries and restaurants. The city hosts numerous events throughout the year, including music festivals, beer tastings, and running races. Whatever your interests may be, Boulder is sure to have something to keep you entertained.
If Boulder, CO is your destination for a weekend getaway, these Boulder CO things to do are the perfect way to make the most of your time there.
1) Boulder Farmers Market
The Boulder Boulder Farmers’ Market takes place on Saturdays, rain or shine throughout the year. With over 100 vendors selling fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese, and baked goods made right in Boulder County; you’ll find yourself making more trips to this local market even after the weekend’s done!
2) Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
One of Boulder’s cultural gems, this museum showcases unique exhibitions from acclaimed artists that change every month. Many installations go for between one week and three months at a time, so check out what’s currently being displayed before you visit.
3) Boulder Creek Path
Whether you’re looking for a leisurely walk or planning to spend the day hiking and biking, Boulder Creek Path is Boulder’s answer to New York City’s famed Central Park, minus the traffic and noise pollution. The path consists of over 10 miles of a paved trail that winds through Boulder and passes Boulder Creek. If you’re particularly ambitious, continue on the trail into Denver.
4) Chautauqua Park
For panoramic views of Boulder and all, it has to offer, make your way up to Flagstaff Mountain via the stairs in Chautauqua Park. Located at one end of Boulder’s iconic Flatirons, this park offers hiking trails that make for challenging but rewarding Boulder CO things to do!
5) Boulder Dushanbe Tea House
A Boulder tradition since 1976, the Boulder Dushanbe Tea House is a unique destination that’s not to be missed. The building itself is a Boulder icon and was hand-crafted by artisans from Boulder’s sister city, Dushanbe. The interior boasts colorful stained glass windows and seven rooms, each theme. Don’t miss this Boulder CO, thing to do on your next trip to Boulder!
Boulder CO Weather
Boulder CO is located in Boulder County and is home to around 100,000 people. Boulder has an average high temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Boulder CO weather constantly changes, so visitors should always check Boulder CO weather before going outside. Boulder also hosts many festivals throughout the year, including Boulder Arts Week, which occurs annually during the summer months.
Boulder CO Things To Do
There are always a lot of events happening in Boulder, CO. Here are some of the upcoming events:
– Boulder Creek Festival: This is a three-day music and arts festival that takes place in May. It features live music, food vendors, and art exhibitions.
– Boulder Jewish Film Festival: This film festival takes place over two weeks in February. It features films from around the world that explore Jewish culture and history.
– Boulder International Film Festival: This film festival takes place over four days in March. It features independent films from all over the world.
Boulder CO Restaurants
There are many Boulder, CO restaurants. Here are some of the best Boulder CO restaurants:
– Brandborg Country Club: This restaurant is located in Boulder’s Boulder Country Club. It specializes in American cuisine and also has an extensive wine list.
– The Buff Restaurant: This restaurant has been featured on multiple reality cooking shows, showcasing its high-quality food at affordable prices. It offers an eclectic blend of American, French, German, Italian, and Mexican cuisines made from scratch with fresh ingredients sourced locally whenever possible.
– Frasca Food & Wine Bar Boulder: Featured as one of America’s Top 50 Restaurants by Gourmet Magazine, this upscale Boulder eatery serves up contemporary Northern Italian dishes using local organic Boulder County ingredients. Boulder County farmers support the Boulder Frasca Food & Wine Bar, ranchers, purveyors, and brewers to provide Boulder diners with the freshest local flavors around.
– Moxie Bread Co.: This bakery specializes in French bread and pastries and serves other meals during breakfast and lunch. It serves its bread fresh daily.
– St. Julien Hotel & Spa: This restaurant at the St Julien Hotel & Spa boasts unparalleled views of Boulder’s Flatirons from its glass-walled dining room, giving it one of Boulder’s best fine dining settings. It serves New American cuisine that fuses modern comfort food with contemporary style to give Boulderites a variety of dishes sure to hit the spot.
– Boulder Creek Dushanbe Teahouse: This restaurant was initially built in Boulder CO’s historic Boulder County Courthouse to house a United States gift of 1,000 hand-carved teak sculptures donated by Tajikistan. It serves fine dining at its best with traditional Persian décor that will transport you miles away from Boulder, CO.
Boulder CO Events
– Boulder International Film Festival: This film festival takes place over four days in March and showcases independent films from all over the world.
– Boulder Jewish Film Festival: This film festival takes place over two weeks in February and features movies exploring Jewish culture and history.
– Boulder Creek Festival: This music and arts festival is held for three days in June and features Boulder, Colorado bands alongside nationally known talent.
– Boulder Bach Festival: This music festival is held for ten days in July and celebrates the works of Johann Sebastian Bach through performances by Boulder area orchestras, solo performers, chamber ensembles, choirs, and opera companies.
Boulder is a great place to live, with plenty of activities and events to keep you busy. The weather is also great, making it perfect for outdoor activities year-round. If you’re looking for a fun place to visit or live, Boulder should be at the top of your list!
Boulder, CO, is a beautiful city in Colorado. Boulder has warm summers, cold winters, and dry springs. Boulder is home to Colorado’s best ski areas, including Mountain Resort, Ski Area, and more. Boulder offers an array of outdoor activities for all seasons! From skiing in winter to biking during the summer months – there are plenty of things to do while visiting Boulder City.