COVID-19 Company Policy and Procedures
This document was last updated on March 25, 2020.
The purpose of this document is to outline our company policies and procedures during the COVID-19 outbreak. Times are changing very quickly and this document will continue to be updated on a daily basis as our company adopts new policies and procedures.
Our commitment is to continue to provide for our customers and employees while maintaining the highest regard for health and safety, following all rules, recommendations, and current regulations, and being socially responsible.
Policies and Procedures
- Our Office
- All in person meetings have been moved to video calls or conference calls unless absolutely necessary.
- We’ve hired a cleaning company who does a deep clean of our office weekly.
- Daily we are wiping down high touch surfaces like door knobs, drawers, chairs, etc..
- Employees are keeping a distance of 6 feet at all times
- We have put a stop to all door to door marketing or flyer dropping to avoid going through neighborhoods and minimize person to person contact.
- Providing Estimates
- All of our estimates are provided digitally.
- We recommend interior projects are postponed or put on hold. To get an interior estimate, we’ll ask for the blueprint of the house, or we can talk to you about the different rooms you want painted to provide an estimate without entering your home.
- For exterior projects, we’ll provide all of our estimates digitally. If you’d like to meet with us, we recommend staying out of the home and doing a walk around.
- At all times we’ll keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet to follow social distancing recommendations per the CDC.
- Policies for Working on Projects
- We recommend postponing all interior projects until further notice.
- If the interior is empty, we’ll have a small crew come in to do the job and work in separate rooms.
- If anyone is experiencing any symptoms, they will not come to work on any project for 14 days.
- If anyone knowingly comes in contact with anyone with symptoms, or who has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, they will not come to work for 14 days.
- Minimize all personal contact throughout the project with our customers including not entering the home, keeping a safe distance of at least 6 feet when doing any final walk throughs, and leaving final payment ‘under the mat’ or using a credit card digitally.
- Minimize personal contact between employees by driving separately when possible, keeping the size of our crews to no more than 2 whenever possible, and working on different sides of the house whenever possible.
- Paint stores are being managed by 1 employee only in the store with curb-side pick up being enforced.
- Options for Customers:
- We can collect checks from a mailbox or the doormat after walking the house and assuring the quality of work.
- We can accept credit cards without any additional fees.
- Any pre-job questions can be addressed over the phone instead of an in person walk through.
- There is no need to communicate directly with the painters on-site. All communication can be done with our project manager directly.
- Our exterior projects can be started and completed without any personal contact.
- We are here to serve our customers. If you have any further questions, concerns, or requests please let us know.
Is Painting Essential Work?
The orders do not specify painting work that is essential or not essential. Orders are citing “construction” as essential with very little details included. There is debate across the country in the painting industry about this topic. Paint stores are staying open.
Our company policy is that our residential repaint work is not essential and we will be postponing all residential repaint work during the Stay At Home orders.
Any essential projects will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Essential painting work includes:
- Construction that relies on painting to complete a project
- Real estate painting that requires painting prior to move-ins
- Exposed or damaged homes that require painting for the structural integrity of the home
- Other unforeseen circumstances that are urgent, critical, or support other essential services
These essential projects will be determined on a case by case basis.
In the event we do any painting projects, all policies and procedures will be followed to avoid any unnecessary spread of COVID-19.